Please take your time to read the assembly instructions to carry out a safe and correct installation. Do not proceed simply by looking at the images!
Before starting the installation process, we suggest watching the related installing video. We also remind you that, when installing, the regulations in force in their respective countries have to be respected in terms of safety. Therefore, it will be necessary to use all the devices needed for personal protection to guarantee the carry out of the installation in complete safety. Thank you! 🙂
– – 1 – –
Attach the provided double-sided adhesive on the high bottom track, which will be placed on the ground.
This is an optional step, but it allows you to give the guides a better stability.
– – 2 – –
Pre-assemble the caps (C) with the springs (M):
Insert the caps at the cassette extremities.
– – 3 – –
Using the expansion mechanism, insert the cassette in the window opening and join it with the high bottom track.
– – 4 – –
To assemble the guides, proceed as follows:
A) Pre-assemble the ending caps (TG) in the upper and lower guide (G) and the non-slip rubber (GO). Then insert the upper and lower guides in the ending caps of the cassette, joining them to the cassette as shown in the video. Always lock the upper side only with an Allen key and insert the cover caps (T).
B) Block the insect screen screwing the expansion caps and insert the plastic covers on the extremities of the cassette and of the guides (as shown in the video).
C) Attention: If the opening walls are quite irregular, we suggest applying some silicone between the wall and the profiles so as to fill the existing void.
– – 5 – –
To unlock the insect screen, slightly pull the bar handle towards yourself by grabbing it, and gently accompany it in the rewinding process.
1) I have just finished assembling my new insect screen in the window/French door opening but when it comes to locking the bar handle on the closing guide caps, I notice that it does not properly lock. Why?
Most of the times, when you are not able to lock the bar handle with the closing guide caps, it happens because the caps are reversed. The caps define the closing mechanism. The locking of the insect screen is characterized by the locking and interlocking of the cap placed at the very end of the bar handle together with the closing cap guide.
Therefore, most of the times when the locking mechanism fails is because:
- Reversal of closing right cap (D) with closing left cap (S). Both for the vertical and for the horizontal roll-up insect screen, the failure to lock can be caused by the reversal of the closing guide caps.
The curvature of the closing feet is always visible to a person who stands in the house and looks outside.
- NB: the failure to lock the caps can be also caused by: a failure to “staple” the brushes, cutting mistakes, mistakes given by the out-of-square window opening.
2) I have bought a horizontal high bottom track insect screen, how can i make it properly work with the cassette placed on the right?
The standard functioning of the horizontal high bottom track insect screen is with the cassette placed on the left compare to a person, who stands inside and looks outside his home.
If, for any reason, which could be convenience or personal taste, you’d like to make the horizontal high bottom track insect screen work assembling the cassette on the left, there are some structural changes that need to be done, as follows:
- Rotation of the cassette of 180°. What was previously the lower cap (spring side) will now be inserted at the top of the cassette and what was previously the upper cap (brake side) will be inserted at the bottom of the cassette.
- As shown in the assembly instructions, the compensation spring (M) has always to be placed upwards in the cassette, both when the cassette is on the left or on the right of the insect screen
- Exchange of the closing guide caps position. Cap (S), which has its functioning on the left, was closing the inferior guide, having its functioning on the right will be closing the superior guide. Viceversa, cap (D), which has its functioning on the left, was closing the superior guide, having its functioning on the right will be closing the inferior guide.
3) In the instructions it is written that I can use silicone. When and how can I use it?
In the assembly instructions, reference is made to silicone, not to give more solidity to the insect screen, but to equalize and level any major defects and irregularities of the French door/window opening The use of silicone is recommended only after having properly checked the functioning of the insect screen, to avoid having to disassemble the whole frame in case of problems related to the mounting of the structural elements.
These instructions have to be read before installing, starting-up and using the insect screen.
These instructions are part and parcel of the product.
Read carefully the following warnings and instructions in that they provide important information regarding SAFETY OF USE and MAINTENANCE.
The content of the following instructions has to be brought up to the attention of the insect screen user.
The insect screen is only intended to be a protection against the entrance of insects, such as mosquitoes or others, from the openings where it is installed.
The expected installation is the one with horizontal roll-up functioning of the insect screen.
The insect screen must be intended only as mentioned above.
Any other use is to be considered improper.
Here are some examples of improper applications:
– assembling with vertical functioning.
– assembling at the ceiling (for example: skylights).
– hooking or hanging objects to the insect screen.
– leaning things, animals or people on any insect screen part.
The manufacturer cannot be considered responsible for any damage caused by improper or different applications other than that for which the insect screen is intended.
Pay particular attention to the use of pointed and/or sharpened tools to avoid damaging the insect screen.
Check the integrity of the insect screen different parts before installing (side guides, accessories box, etc).
Do not leave bags or other small loose components within the reach of children.
ASSEMBLING THE ACCESSORIES
The insect screen is assembled by the manufacturer for all that concerns its fundamental parts.
Due to the KIT nature of the product itself, the other insect screen elements are supplied disassembled and it has to be the client who assembles them in accordance with the instructions here provided.
Adopt appropriate safety measures to avoid risks during the installation of the product.
1) During the installation of the product, do not cling to it.
2) Use only the components supplied in the assembling kit.
3) In case of application of the insect screen over the first floor of the building, we always recommend to attach the side guides with silicone.
4) Once the installation is over, check the tightening of the expansion screws in the cassette and in the guides.
The day after installation, check the tightness of the screws again to recover and correct any settling of the materials.
If the walls of the window opening have an uneven surface, we suggest to fix the guides with silicone.
WARNINGS FOR USE
ATTENTION! The spring-loaded insect screen presents a serious risk of impact of the bar handle when opening. *
* in models equipped with a brake, this danger is reduced.
To unhook the insect screen and rewind the mesh cloth, rotate the bar handle profile anticlockwise, then always accompany its movement with your hand.
To hook the insect screen back in its initial position, pull the bar handle towards the closing side, then make sure that it is firmly locked in the appropriate hooks.
With the insect screen in operation, avoid knocks on the bottom, which could cause it to close quickly. KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM THE HOOKING / RELEASING AREA OF THE INSECT SCREEN.
Periodically (i.e. at least once a month), check the correct tightening of the screws.
In the event of a collision with the guides or the cassette, check the correct positioning of the parts and the tightening of the expansion screws.
DO NOT PROCEED WITH ANY OTHER INTERVENTION THAT INVOLVES THE DISASSEMBLY OF PARTS WHICH ORIGINALLY WERE ALREADY ASSEMBLED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
For these operations, always contact the authorized center.
ONLY PROCEDURES WHICH ARE AUTHORIZED IN THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL CAN BE DONE BY THE USER.
After being assembled, the insect screen does not require any particular maintenance.
Depending on use (at least once a year), clean the insect screen from dust or other residues.
For this operation, use a brush with soft bristles or a cloth dampened only with water.
For the other metal and plastic parts, use a cloth dampened with water and 10% liquid soap.
If during cleaning (or due to strong air currents), the mesh leaks from the side guides, simply open and close slowly to bring the mesh back into its place.
If you decide not to use the insect screen anymore, it is recommended to make those potentially dangerous parts harmless, especially for children. Since the insect screen is made up of easily recyclable materials, please divide the various items and then dispose of them according to the regulations in force.